With Car Music Systems getting more sophisticated and advanced, the automakers adding new features and technologies such as music-player integration and Bluetooth audio, understanding car’ audio system becomes difficult for a average consumer. Knowing your audio system is crucial and important part if you really want to enjoy your car’s music system. Today, we are going to tell you about some of the key features of a Car Music System that you should know to enhance your music listening experience.
Main Features of a Car Music System:
- Smartphone Integration (Android Auto & Apple CarPlay): One of the main features of a car music system is Smartphone integration. It consists of both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It simply means that you can use your Smartphone with your car’s music system. This feature allows you to control the functions in your Smartphone through your infotainment system, using the car’s touch display or steering wheel controls or voice command.
- GPS Navigation: Global Positioning System or the GPS, is a navigation satellite system. GPS provides the location, speed, and time synchronization. It is everywhere which you can find in your Smartphone, your car, and even in your smartwatch. It helps you to go from one place to another.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth is a short-range wireless communications technology that replaces the cables connecting electronic devices. It allows a person to exchange data or voice between one device like a mobile phone, PC, or a headset with another.
Bluetooth feature in Car music system enables a person to transfers a call to his car’s audio system so that you can hear a caller’s voice in the car’s speakers or stream music from your mobile phone to your car audio system. It usually has limited control such as volume up/down and track-skip forward/back.
- AUX Cable (Auxiliary input): This feature lets you plug in a portable music device using an accessory cable in an Aux-in jack. Nowadays, it has become a common feature in most car audio systems. Auxiliary input or the AUX cable allows almost all music players to be integrated with a car’s audio system. You can listen to music in your car by using the controls on the device.
- USB port: Another main feature of a car music system is the USB port. It offers a better way to integrate a portable music player with a car’s audio system. You can use your car stereo or the head unit’s controls to control the content in the device. It can be used to charge the battery of the device while it connected to a USB port. A USB flash drive can also be used to play music files stored on it.
- Controls on the Car steering: Controls on the Car steering allows you to operate basic functions of your car music system such as volume up/down, music-track skip forward/back or radio channel switch without taking your hands off the car steering.
- Easy-to-read display: The modern day Car audio system comes with a easy to read display which not only very crucial to simple to operate but also is very safe, especially while driving. Before buying a car stereo make sure the display is easy to read and also remember to check its visibility with daytime glare from the sun as well as at night.
- Intuitive controls: This feature of car music system allows you to minimize distractions while driving. Intuitive Controls in a car audio system makes it easier and safer to use.
- Separate subwoofer: A good car audio system comes with a good low bass. Smaller speakers cannot reproduce realistic low-frequency sounds. So, it is a necessity for a great audio system to have a separate subwoofer.
- Voice command: Voice command enables you to operate your car music system with your voice command. It is the safest and most convenient way to control an audio system. It let you change radio stations, music tracks on a connected music player.
- Amplifier: A powerful amplifier is one of the most important factors in high-quality sound reproduction. Without a powerful amplifier, even the best speakers will create creates distortion and sound terrible.