Buying a new Car Music System is a great way to add features to your vehicle, but finding the Car stereo that best suits you can be a little intimidating if you’re new to Car Audio. Add features that your vehicle didn’t equip with from the factory by upgrading to an aftermarket car stereo. Available features include, but are not limited to Bluetooth, HD & Satellite Radio, GPS Navigation, DVD Playback, Rearview Backup Camera Support, and Smartphone integration with Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
Today, we are going to make your shopping for a new car stereo easier. We give you all the information you need to consider before you even start shopping so you will be more confident when searching and buying your new car audio system.
Types of Car Music System
1: Single Din Music System: The Single Din music systems are 2” wide and 7” long. These generally have buttons and very simple in design. You won’t get a touch screen in the Single Din car audio system.
2: Double Din Music System: The Double Din music systems are 4” wide and 7” long display. These music systems have touch screens and multiple advanced features such as Bluetooth, GPS Navigation, Rear-view Camera Support, and Smartphone integration with Apple Car Play and Android Auto support.
Now a days, music systems with 9” touch screen display are also available in the market.
Famous Car Music System manufacturing companies:
Following are some of the leading Car Music System manufacturing companies:
6: Woodman etc.
Car Music System Price:
The price for music system for car ranges from Rs. 1,000/- to Rs. 70-80 thousand depending upon the type, features and added accessories.
Things you should consider while buying a Car Music System:
- Audio Sources: The first thing before buying a car stereo is to make sure that it supports all ypes of playback formats and accommodates all the different types of audio sources like BlueTooth, USB, AUX, CD/DVD, Radio, SD card, or Smartphone.
- Physical Dimensions and Controls: AS discussed earlier, car music systems usually come in two standardized sizes i.e. single din (2”x7”) and double din (4”x7”). Generally, Single din Music Systems have buttons and a simplistic look and feel but they still can be packed full of features in terms of functionality and capability. On the other hand a double din usually has the touch screen and supports functions like GPS, DVD playback and more. However, in some cases you may require a vehicle specific dash kit for the seamless installation.
- Addon Features: The next for you is to assess your requirement for add-on features such as Android, GPS Navigation, BlueTooth etc. If want these features, than you should go for the Double Din Car Music System either 7” or 9” display sizes.
- Power: The car stereos comes with 2 to 5 amps or so at full power, depending on the design, features, etc. Although some car stereo manufacturers may advertise them with higher power ratings like “50W peak per channel” but in reality, the average car stereo can only have output of 15 to 18 watts RMS per channel.
- Budget: It’s like they say, everything comes at a price. You need to find a balance between what you want and how much you’re willing to spend on it. There are some pretty decent car stereos out there that wouldn’t burn a hole in your pocket, but you might have to loosen the purse strings a little if you really want to take things to the next level. Therefore, before you begin to decide what you do and don’t want, you should decide on a budget.
- Installation: Generally Car music systems are installed in two ways ie. Factory or Showroom Fitted Car Music System and Aftermarket Car Music System. While choosing aftermarket installation of car stereo, make sure to choose only reputed dealers as any damage to electronics in the car may lead to void of car warranty.
If you have any queries or need any guidance in choosing a car music system, do let us know, we will be more than happy to help you out.